- —The key message is to have children engaged in active learning.
- --Where possible two teachers are in the class working with smaller groups.
- --Children work at a ‘station’. Usually doing one activity per day.
- --The activities are generally working with concrete materials and playing games.
- —The focus is on discovery learning, and developing language for children to describe the process used.
Ready Set Go Maths and Ready for Calculating are activity based maths learning programmes, designed to develop children’s number sense in a fun and stimulating environment. Miss Coleman's First Class look forward to Maths every day. We work in small groups with Miss. Coleman and Mr. Ryan. We play lots of games and have fun solving problems together.